This CD features music sung on our Baltic Tour in the summer of 2006, including a specially commissioned work by Lithuanian composer Kristina Vasiliauskaité, entitled "Blessed Barbora of Žagaré". An extract from a performance of this work can be heard here.
The CD provides over an hour's worth of music in several languages from around central Europe: a feast of songs about nature and the pains and joys of love, all set to sumptuous harmonies.
Enjoy being transported from Zagare Old Church, resting place of Blessed Barbora, through the mountains and forests of Brahms' Love-Song Waltzes (featuring a four-hand piano accompaniment), to Dvorak's enchanting description of rural life in Bohemia and Moravia, before returning to England for some intriguing settings of folksongs by Daryl Runswick.
Conducted by James Grossmith, this CD was recorded live at a special concert in 2007, with the choir singing in Lithuanian, Czech, German, Latin and English. Please use the general enquiry form to order a copy (£5 + p&p).
- Blessed Barbora of Žagarė - K Vasiliauskaitė
- Missa brevis in honour of the Blessed Virgin Mary - K Vasiliauskaitė
- Four Choruses for Mixed Voices op. 29 - Dvořák
- Five Part-songs op. 104 - Brahms
- New Love-Song Waltzes op 65 - Brahms
- Songs of Nature op.63 - Dvořák
- Excerpts from Five English Folksongs - Arr. D. Runswick